The Battle With Brain Fog


                Have you ever fought a war? To be more exact/ have you ever waged war against your own brain. Sounds crazy? Had your brain went against you so much that you wanted to unleash your inner demon? 

                Have you ever been so passionate about something but the next day the feeling faded away with the tears of yesterday? Have you ever spaced out while doing something? Have you tried concentrating so hard on it but ten you realized you tried so hard on concentrating you aren’t even doing what you are supposed to do. Have you ever went on a holiday and when you return you forgot everything about the trip and even forgotten what your house look like.

                Well, here my friend is my encounter with brain fog. Let me start off by introducing myself. I’m not exactly a genius but still smart enough to sit in the first class. I come from a moderate family and have no talent to show for. I have an OK passion with football. England football, that is. In short, I’m just a normal teenage boy who plays football. Unfortunately, brain fog has no favorites and I’m his random victim.

                Sometimes, the fog expands his wicked fingers and wraps his finger around my mind. Making sure my mind is suffocating and making it slow thus hard to think. This is when my thoughts were dispersed all in different directions, making it hard to finish one thought. This is fog is more than just a fog. It is solid. I tried hitting and slashing it. But, with each strike, he got stronger.

                There were also times when the fingers of the fogs were more considerate. He relaxes his finger and thus my finger my mind was partially freed. Not much, just a little space was given just for my mind to take some fresh air. It’s just like a prisoner finally getting some view of the outside world after years imprisoned. Strange, you can walk along in between the fog. I would use every part of my mind at that moment to drive the fog but to no avail. It is in this time that my mood lightens up a bit. 

                The fog seems like challenging me. Giving my mind some space for me to fight him. How cocky. I hate him. But who won’t if the intruder of your mind is playing and tormenting with you. Of course, all good things must end. When he is done playing with me, he wraps his finger around my mind again and forces my brain to freeze, unable to think. Helpless, like a flailing fish brought out of water. I am brought to darkness again and the sharp pain of cold ice engulfs me.

                During the imprison, I tried to think. Anything is ok with me. I tried to think of thoughts that I can actually complete without it being cut halfway. I have no idea what I’m doing then or does he realizes what I’m doing. At the end of the day, I felt tired without actually doing anything. I felt burden on my back. As if the darkness he brought upon me actually weight something causing me to feel tired.

                I am tired fighting this monster, day in day out. I want a safe route out, but I don’t how and where. Until I find the exit, I can only crawl my way around the darkness while he laughs at me. I won’t cry. I won’t do anything else that would make him feel even happier than he already was. Until then, adios pals.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave.

3 weeks in.